- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Research and Evaluation
- HIV and AIDS
- Malaria and Zika
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project | South Africa
URC is providing provincial- and district-level support for HIV and AIDS care, maternal health care, family planning and primary health care programs, monitoring and evaluation, and quality improvement in 30 districts in five provinces. Our staff work directly with district and provincial health managers in supported provinces to improve the quality of care through providing support and mentorship in planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation. We are supporting the revitalization of primary health care, including supervision and strategic planning, and are working to improve use of district-level data through monitoring and evaluation support.
- Provide assistance for the development of Provincial Annual Performance Plans and for the preparation of operational and cost plans for HIV, the prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, and antiretroviral treatment programs in all districts.
- Provide assistance to all districts for the development of district health plans.
- Provide support to the following national directorates: HIV/AIDS, Strategic Planning (M&E [monitoring and evaluation] and Information), District Health Services, and Quality Assurance.
- Work closely with all five provinces to develop and execute their research and evaluation agendas (e.g., evaluation of primary health care supervision in Mpumalanga).