- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Social and Behavior Change Communication
- Research and Evaluation
- Global Health Security
- HIV and AIDS
- Malaria and Zika
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project | India
USAID/India has invited the USAID ASSIST Project to help enhance the improvement capability in the Indian health system by engaging national and state structures to conduct improvements in maternal, neonatal, and child health along the continuum of care, including through public and private entities. The Government of India National Rural Health Mission would like ASSIST to focus its work at the national and state levels.
- Enhance commitment and capability of leaders at the national level, state and district levels to lead health care improvement.
- Develop the capacity to conduct improvement amongst health care workers at the national, state, district, facility and community levels.
- Work through state and district Government of India counterparts to form improvement teams to undertake projects in a number of facilities.
- Build the capacity of health care workers in both the public and private sectors to improve the effectiveness, patient centeredness, safety, accessibility, and equity of their services.
- Improve care along the R-MNCH+A continuum in priority USAID districts.
2013 to present
Government of India (GOI), National Health Mission
National Agency for Rural Development Support (ANADER)
India Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
India National Health System Resource Centre
Federation of Obstetrics & Gynecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
Indian Academy of Pediatrics