- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Location: Pretoria, South Africa | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 01/05/2017
URC seeks a detail-oriented and efficient Travel Coordinator to manage travel arrangements for its USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) Project and TB South Africa Project (TB SAP). This is a, full-time position with South African benefits based in Pretoria, South Africa
The Travel Coordinator will be in charge of the full spectrum of travel management for the ASSIST and TB SAP projects. This includes coordinating travel within South Africa, international travel, monitoring travel in progress to ensure smooth transit, and following up with travelers on submission of expense statements and trip reports.
S/he will work with selected travel vendors, URC’s Finance department, administrative managers, and travelers to make arrangements, process associated logistics, track traveler status, keep the travel tracker updated, and ensure compliance with company and federal government procurement regulations.
- Travel Compliance
- Preparing travel arrangements through travel vendors (flight, car rental, hotels, etc.), including but not limited to, coordinating with the project staff to ensure local arrangements are made and within compliance with both URC and USAID regulations, preparing pre-travel arrangements, purchasing insurance, monitoring ongoing travel and processing expense statements and deliverables after travel is completed
- Providing travelers with requirements to their specific travel (i.e. entry requirements, visas, inoculations, etc.)
- Monitoring news and current events, updating travelers and staff on possible issues as related to specific travels Tracking the entire process from approvals to submission of deliverables
- Reconciling financial statements according to internal URC policies and procedures
- Providing weekly and monthly updates to the Finance and HR Manager
- Maintain travel database by projects
- Event Management
- Assist with the organization and travel arrangements of project meetings and activities.
- University degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred
- Five years’ relevant experience
- Must be incredibly organized, detail oriented, and able to work quickly on tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point required
- Strong organizational, communication and customer service skills required
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Globally minded with meticulous attention to detail and a sense of responsibility for people he/she puts on airplanes traveling all over the world
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.