- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 04/20/2017
The Quality and Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC that has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world. The USAID Applying Science to Strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST) is the QPI’s leading project that is dedicated to improving health, population and nutrition services through technical support to service delivery institutions, country Ministries of Health, USAID country missions, and cooperating agencies. The project carries on the work of the USAID Health Care Improvement Project (www.hciproject.org) and is focused on building the capacity of host country providers and managers to apply modern quality improvement methods, make essential services accessible to all who need them, and ensure that care is delivered in compliance with standards and client needs, for every client, every time. An important global objective of the ASSIST Project is knowledge management: to facilitate documentation and sharing of evidence for improvement of specific care processes, based on the work of individual QI teams, large-scale improvement efforts, and/or research, and to make this information readily available through Web technology.
To apply for this position, do not click on the blue Apply button. Instead, for immediate consideration, please email your CV to email@example.com. In the body of the email, please reference code "TL". Thank you.
As Technical Lead of Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn Health (RMNCH) and Non-communicable Diseases (NCD), oversee Quality and Performance Institute RMNCH and NCD portfolio, including global initiatives and in-country activities in different regions, including Africa, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America and Caribbean, South East Asia and Middle East. Oversee assigned donor-funded RMNCH and NCD projects, including technical, organizational, and budget management in Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs). Indirectly manage and supervise the QPI’s donor-funded activities abroad in the area of RMNCH and NCD and provide technical oversight to Field Office staff located abroad to improve prevention and management of NCDs and quality of RMNCH services in respective LMICs. Lead the refinement of methods, norms, standards, and quality improvement tools to improve quality of RMNCH and NCD services in LMICs. Participate in business development activities, such as providing technical and programmatic inputs to new proposals.
- Doctor of Medicine degree or foreign equivalent, plus Master of Public Health or Master of Science in Health Policy and Management, or foreign equivalent
- 5 years of experience in a Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Lead, or Senior Improvement Advisor occupation
- 5 years of mid- to senior-level experience in a Global Health area managing and implementing donor-funded programs
- 5 years of experience in managing or implementing USAID-funded programs in LMIC(s) in the area of reproductive, maternal, newborn or child health, or non-communicable diseases
- 5 years of experience leading or implementing improvement activities, including experience with implementing research around quality of medical care in area of reproductive, maternal, newborn or child health, or non-communicable diseases in LMICs
- 30% international travel required
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.