- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Standards Development and Regulatory Reform Specialist
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam | Job Type: Proposal | Post Date: 04/14/2017
URC seeks a Standards Development and Regulatory Reform Specialist to serve as a subject matter expert and mentor to the Department of Animal Health (DAH) in Vietnam as it implements Biosafety and Security (BS&S) enhancements in the Government of Vietnam’s veterinary health system. This role is contingent upon contract award.
The position will assist and mentor the DAH in establishing standards and regulatory reforms necessary to implement BS&S enhancements into the Government of Vietnam’s veterinary health system. This work will involve reviewing relevant Vietnam documents and international materials on BS&S, mentoring the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) in international BS&S best practices, and assisting with the development and refinement of a draft Circular concerning a Select Agents and Toxins List by risk group and required biosafety levels and testing algorithms. The position will assist MARD with the creation of BS&S manuals for select MARD laboratories.
- University degree in biology, chemistry, animal health, or related science discipline; post-graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in animal or human health regulatory reform
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing Biosafety & Security standards
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and excellent in time management
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with local scientists, local laboratory staff, and US Government staff
- Ability to communicate complex science information to team members
- Proficient with training tools, metrics and systems
- Fluent (written/verbal) in Vietnamese and English languages
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.