- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Senior Technical Advisor MDRTB
Location: Manila, Philippines | Job Type: Full-timeProposal | Post Date: 12/22/2016
URC is seeking qualified candidates for the Senior Technical Advisor Multi-Drug-Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR TB) position for the upcoming USAID funded 5-year project in the Philippines, The project will support the government of the Philippines at the national and regional levels to expand and scale up prevention, detection, and treatment of tuberculosis and multi-drug resistant TB. The MDR TB Senior Technical Advisor should provide technical input and lead the team of local experts in various technical areas concerning prevention, diagnoses and effective management of DR-TB. He/she should work closely with country teams and partners to support quality formative research, intervention design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Provide technical advice and guide the development of all technical deliverables pertaining to MDR TB prevention, diagnoses and management,
- Work closely with in-country partners to identify technical assistance needs for strengthening MDR-TB control in the country
- In partnership with the research partners, lead the process to design and execute formative research in each context to lay the foundation for the intervention design. This will include collaboration and coordination with country teams, research partners, and others.
- Lead the intervention design planning and execution in each context. This will include collaboration and coordination with country teams, research partners, the human-centered intervention design partner, and others.
- Lead the intervention implementation and evaluation (i.e. implementation learning, monitoring, and evaluation) planning process.
- Ensure quality execution of the implementation learning, monitoring and evaluation components of the project.
- Establish effective coordination amongst all partners, including, but not limited to the following: setting strategic direction, developing joint work plans, and regular meetings/calls and follow-up.
- Provide advice to the Chief of Party of priority technical areas to be included into the annual work plan, identify challenges to the project implementation and come up with effective and evidence-based solutions to maximize the results.
- Advanced postgraduate degree in Medicine or Public Health with a specific focus on MDR TB management. Postgraduate training in MDR TB control would be an asset.
- At least 10 years of clinical and/or programmatic management of MDR TB, preferably in Philippines
- Knowledge of epidemiological methods, behavior and social science theories and concepts, and program evaluation.
- Strong skills in research design and implementation.
- Evidence of excellent writing skills (e.g. publication record).
- Excellent English and Tagalog language written and oral communications skills.
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.