- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Senior Research Consultant
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Consultant | Post Date: 04/19/2017
The Senior Research Consultant will play a key role in managing end line evaluation data for a comparative study of client outcomes based upon exposure to two different nutrition counseling tools. The Consultant will provide technical guidance for all as aspects of data management, including processing, analysis, and visualization of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
As part of this assignment the Senior Research Consultant will:
- Participate in key process management meetings during the end line data collection period. Meetings will take place via conference call/Skype and may involve technical guidance and follow up via email.
- Provide technical expertise for managing all end line data. The consultant will work closely with research team members to ensure the integrity of the data, including data quality checks, analysis, and visualizations and conducting a quality review of data analyzed by fellow team members.
- Contribute to comparative analysis between baseline and end line data. The consultant will contribute advanced data analysis by conducing complementary analyses (using a mix of STATA, MS Excel and MAXQDA) that add to work being done by other research team members.
- As needed, contribute to reporting on the results of the overall evaluation
Estimated level of effort & Period of Performance
- 30 full time equivalent days between April 17th and June 30, 2017
- The consultant is expected to work remotely throughout the assignment. If the consultant is based in or near the URC headquarters, s/he may also be requested to participate in a limit number of in-person research team meetings.
- 1 set of data analysis codes for STATA, and/or MAXQDA end line data for which the consultant is responsible
- Provide write-up of results for each research component, including summary tables and descriptions of background characteristics of participants, table of indicators showing differences between CommCare and paper groups for key indicators and statistical significance, following template provided in baseline report
- 1 set of data visualizations (i.e., charts, tables, etc.) for use within the end line report (in line with what was presented in baseline report)
- At least 5 years conducting research (including data management), with progressively more responsible roles
- Familiarity with infant and young child feeding indicators required, experience conducting research on behavior change preferred
- Expertise in using quantitative and qualitative data analysis software, analysis of interviews and focus groups, and longitudinal data analysis required
- Master’s degree in public health or related field
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.