- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Senior Project Coordinator
Location: Chevy Chase, MD | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 04/18/2017
The Senior Project Coordinator is responsible for carrying out financial, administrative and programmatic tasks at the Bethesda headquarters office in support of URC’s contribution to GHSC-PSM, GHSC-Francophone TO, and IHSC-TO for Côte d’Ivoire. The Senior Project Coordinator reports to the Senior Technical Advisor for Program Implementation within the International Development Group (IDG).
- Manage project budgets, including review of monthly project expenditures against budget, preparing 6-month analyses of project spending on a monthly basis, and coordinate monthly expenditure reviews. Alert project team to necessary contractual or management actions based on that review.
- Systematize the monitoring of achievement of various processes and contract deliverables through the development and use of project trackers. Use and maintain project trackers to comply with client reporting requirements and ensure sound financial, administrative, and programmatic management of the projects and anticipate technical/program support needs and priorities.
- Ensure that program inputs are mobilized when needed, including in the areas of consultants and home office technical assistance, contracts, budgets, procurement and HR, to support the achievement of project deliverables
- Provide administrative, technical and financial management support to field-based projects and staff, including in the areas of operations, supply chain communications and research and evaluation
- Ensure that contractually required and URC approval requirements (e.g., waivers, task orders, and approval memos) are met, and prepare justifications supporting those actions in coordination with senior technical, management, and contracts staff at HQ and country levels as needed
- Prepare obligation increase requests including developing projections and coordinating contractual process
- Manage the sub-task order process including developing budgets, reviewing scopes of work, obtaining second-tier subcontract approvals, and ensuring contractual requirements are met
- Processing of monthly client invoices ensuring contractual compliance and creating detailed cost explanations. Liaising with different units and field-based staff for invoicing inquiries. Follow up with counterparts as needed for payment processing.
- Manage subcontracts, including review of monthly expenditure vouchers against budgets, coordinating of regular partners’ meetings, and monitoring subcontractor technical inputs
- Coordinate project activities with partners and other organizations as appropriate and manage partner relations. Prepare for meetings and presentations of project activities
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans and accompanying budgets
- Assist in the development of project deliverables as requested by technical staff
- Manage the process of ensuring quality of project deliverables to include reports, summaries and success stories. These deliverables may require writing, editing, proofreading, translating and/or coordinating translation services.
- Coordinate and assist with project start-up and close-out activities
- Serve as liaison between URC headquarters and the overseas partners and offices. Travel to project locations as requested
- Oversee travel arrangements for technical assistance visits in compliance with USAID regulations and obtain necessary approvals
- Conduct thorough review and analysis of procurement documentation for completeness and compliance with USAID regulations. Arrange procurement and shipping of supplies and equipment to the field offices, as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date electronic and paper filing systems for assigned projects
- Contribute to the preparation and distribution of technical documents and PR publications about the project
- Assist with proposal development, including costing and partner relations, and provide support to other projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in public health, international development or related field (or commensurate experience) PLUS three years of experience working on international donor funded projects in a programmatic and financial management capacity. A Master's degree or credits may substitute for a year of relevant work experience. International field experience (such as Peace Corps service or equivalent) is valued, while not required.
- Strong financial skills, including experience reviewing expenditure vouchers and accompanying receipts and determining allowability, allocability, and reasonableness of back-up documentation for expenditures
- Strong budgeting skills, including experience with and aptitude for creating budget scenarios, projecting expenditures based on clear assumptions, and tracking actual expenditures against projections. Excellent Excel skills are a MUST
- Experience with and an ability to follow United States federal contract procedures and regulations
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively with others. Able to work independently in a fast-paced organization by prioritizing and managing multiple priorities. Strong attention to detail and follow-through required.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external clients
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed; prior experience working in developing countries preferred
- Fluency and excellent oral and written communication skills in English and either French or Spanish is desired
- Experience working in a federal contracting environment. Specifically, experience working with USAID-funded programs in an organization focused on international development is desired
- Computer literacy is required. Advanced skills in Excel and MS Word a must. Ability in other programs such as Access, and Power Point applications is strongly desired
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.