- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Research Scientist/Project Director
Location: Bethesda, MD | Job Type: Full-timeProposal | Post Date: 01/03/2017
University Research Co., LLC is looking for a full-time Research Scientist/Project Director to supervise and implement a research project. Tasks range from conducting qualitative and quantitative research to providing functional and administrative supervision over supporting research staff.
- Establish a data collection system that tracks core data elements of the intervention
- Electronically collect and maintain core data elements on the intervention and transfer data to a web-based data collection system, complete with relevant coding and standardized methods
- Lead the management and analysis of large and small, as well as complex qualitative and quantitative data sets
- Conduct small-scale or secondary analysis, brainstorm evaluation methodology, write reports, etc.
- Develop and implement qualitative feasibility assessment, to include designing interview guides
- Conduct and analyze research and performance data in collaboration with the PI.
- Represent project to scientific audiences.
- Enhance URC’s reputation for scientific leadership in the area of linkage and retention in HIV care through public speaking, publications, etc.
- Document research results and prepare publications as needed.
- Train others on newly developed analyses.
- Prepare or directly supervise the preparation of the budget and its justification.
- Maintain excellent communication with PI and Division leadership.
- Maintain knowledge of all current theories and principles required to effectively perform duties.
- MA/MS/PhD in public health, social science or other related field.
- 8-10 years in the field or in a related area, to include 2-5 years of research experience.
- Bring an understanding of the literature and seminal research of HIV field, as well as a minimum of 1-2 years of experience working on issues of linkage and retention in HIV care.
- Knowledge of and experience in using quantitative and qualitative research methods in the field.
- Two years’ experience post master’s degree in research or data analysis required.
- Five or more years of experience in research design, proposal preparation and management, and manuscript/report preparation strongly preferred.
- One or more publications in peer reviewed literature required.
- Problem-solving/solutions-oriented approach.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of MS Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to balance and prioritize work, to generate on-time and high-quality deliverables that meet client requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.