- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Location: Bethesda, MD | Job Type: Full-timeProposal | Post Date: 01/03/2017
University Research Co., LLC is looking for a full-time Research Assistant to collect, analyze, monitor, report and maintain information pertaining to the entry and maintenance in the HIV treatment cascade. Assignments include engaging in and managing a wide range of intellectual and physical work, ranging from preparing mass mailings to analyzing proposed data-collection designs. The Research Assistant reports to the Research Scientist/Project Director.
- Use Internet, surveys, program and legal documents, published data/research, grey literature, books, newspaper and journal articles, etc., to assist in the collection of information and create summarized reports for analysts to peruse.
- Prepare print documents, web pages, and other graphics using Word, Dreamweaver, and illustration packages.
- Use technology to enter data, and transcribe tapes and handwritten notes.
- Assist in design and maintenance of online surveys and relational databases, including writing code and analyzing data in SPSS, STAT, SAS or other statistical packages.
- Participate in the data gathering process, such as preparing questionnaires or locating and screening interview subjects, etc.
- Analyze data and compile summarized reports, graphs, and tables.
- Participate in the conduct of literature reviews, surveys, focus groups, data integration and analysis.
- Handle and protect confidential and sensitive data with integrity.
- Provide administrative and clerical services as needed.
- BS or BA degree in public health or related field.
- Completion of a technical writing course is important.
- Three (3) years or less experience in conducting program research, and data analysis.
- Capacity and will to learn new software and research methods.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of MS Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to balance and prioritize work, to generate on-time and high-quality deliverables that meet client requirements.
- Should be organized, pays attention to details, and have good analytical and reasoning skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.