- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Program Management Specialist
Location: Jinja, Uganda | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 05/15/2017
University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, is implementing the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID’s RHITES EC). The purpose of this project is to support the implementation of a comprehensive, integrated investment in regional health, HIV/AIDS and nutrition assistance. This five-year activity targets 11 districts in East-Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition and child development services. URC is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions at the Jinja town and district based offices.
The Program Management Specialist will support the Chief of Party in the planning, management and tracking of program activities across various program focus areas and districts, Ministry of Health, various technical working groups including assisting the project senior management team to effectively provide coordination and oversight of the program implementation process to ensure that project deliverables are achieved.
NOTE: Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references by Friday 26th May 2017 at 12:00 pm addressed to:
Human Resource Coordinator
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services
Plot10 Kiira Lane, Mpumudde Division
- Assist the project team and the Chief of Party to develop and manage a calendar of the entire project monthly, quarterly and yearly program implementation activities
- Assist the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party to manage and track various technical program-related tasks coming to their respective desks, to ensure that the tasks are addressed in a timely manner
- On a day-to-day basis, coordinate with the rest of project technical implementation team and senior management to ensure that the team is effectively supported by the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party (the team and individual officers’ program implementation support needs are attended to) to optimally function in implementing project activities
- Prepare letters, briefs and presentations on behalf of the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party, as may be needed
- Closely work with various program teams to compile and format program work plans and reports for subsequent review by the Chief of Party
- Supervise Program Support Assistants
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Medical Doctor with a Master’s Degree in Public Health or a related field. Additional relevant program management training in will be of added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with public health programs in developing countries
- Experience with USAID and/or other donor projects is will be of added advantage
- Demonstrable excellent writing, organizational, coordination and communication skills desired
- Proven ability to set priorities, multi-task, and work collaboratively as well as independently preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills desired
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.