- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Location: Jinja, Uganda | Job Type: Full-time | Post Date: 03/17/2017
The Procurement Officer will coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment for supported health units and program activities. S/he will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient functioning of all procurement and disposal activities of the project.
Please do not submit applications through the website. Use the provided avenues below.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references by Friday 31st March, 2017 at 12:00 pm addressed to:
Human Resource Coordinator
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services
Plot 10 Kiira Lane, Mpumudde Division, UGANDA
- Oversee procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms, and coordination with the stock management officer
- Spearhead the process of supplier pre-Qualification and management
- Management of leases, contracts and agreements for services and goods
- Ensure URC and USAID procurement policies and procedures are adhered to
- Receive guidance from program staff, ensuring the follow-up of the local purchases supplied, payments, and delivery confirmation
- Procurement of printing for training materials (stationary, manuals, handouts, etc.) and stationary for workshops, and other events
- Update and maintain the project procurement tracker
- Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train URC’s program and partner staff in these policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management or Bachelor of commerce, Business Administration or any other business related field With a Master’s degree in Procurement & Supply management or any other related field. Membership of CIPS is an essential requirement for this job is an added advantage.
- Five (5) years practical experience in the field of Procurement and Supply management with demonstrable knowledge of Public Procurement Laws of Uganda PPDA guidelines and regulations
- Excellent communication or interpersonal skills preferred
- Excellent writing skills desired
- Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.