- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Health Care Financing and Budgeting Team Leader
Location: Ukraine | Job Type: Proposal | Post Date: 04/18/2017
URC seeks a qualified candidate to lead health care finance activities under the upcoming USAID-funded 5-year program in Ukraine. The goals of the program are: 1) Improve health sector governance through strengthening the MOH leadership and stewardship function; 2) Implement the new health care financing model that drives efficiency, competition and choice; 3) Strengthen the health workforce; 4) Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system; 5) Strengthen health sector transformation support through strategically planned, effective and targeted information and communications; 6) Improve service delivery system at all levels. This role is contingent upon contract award.
Working under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Heath Care Finance Team Leader (HFTL) will be responsible for developing and implementing programs to strengthen health financing mechanisms in both the public and private sector at all levels that are in line with the Government of Ukraine’s health sector reform plans. HFTL will ensure that Project meets its planned results.
- Master’s Degree in business or public administration, public health, health economics, or any related field
- Eight (8) years of progressive experience working in the field of health care financing and performance-based budgeting, resource allocation, and organizational capacity building
- Good understanding of costing in health programs/facilities, value for money, and universal health coverage Proven experience in leading and managing technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships with Ukrainian officials, health care managers, and academia
- Strong analytical skills and technical proficiency with major statistical software
- Knowledge of Ukrainian health care financing and budgeting systems, and good understanding of key social, economic, and political factors that may affect implementation of the project and achievement of the project’s results
- Fluent in Ukrainian and/or Russian. Proficient knowledge of oral and written English
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.