- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Finance and Administrative Director
Location: Ukraine | Job Type: Proposal | Post Date: 04/18/2017
URC seeks an experienced Finance and Administrative Director to lead financial and administrative duties under an anticipated USAID-funded 5-year program in Ukraine. The program will support the Ukraine Office of Health. The goals of the program are: 1) Improve health sector governance through strengthening the MOH leadership and stewardship function; 2) Implement the new health care financing model that drives efficiency, competition and choice; 3) Strengthen the health workforce; 4) Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system; 5) Strengthen health sector transformation support through strategically planned, effective and targeted information and communications; 6) Improve service delivery system at all levels. This role is contingent upon contract award.
Working under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Finance and Administrative Director will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of administrative and financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting for both the prime recipient and any subawards, and compliance with USAID, URC, and Government of Ukraine (GoU) policies.
- Ensure the production of the financial reports and proper function of the Project’s accounting system
- Ensure the accurate and timely submission of monthly projection to Headquarters as well as the timely submission of all financial reports and billings including the financial field report (project must adhere to USAID/URC regulations)
- Track expenses against budget and ensure expenses are in line with project activities
- Ensure compliance of financial, procurement and commodity management policies with USAID/URC and GoU regulations
- Manage human resources aspects of the Project’s office for full-time and short-term staff including recruiting, hiring, preparing contracts and other HR documents
- Negotiate and manage service contracts for the Project and monitor fulfillment of contractual obligations
- Monitor activities of sub awards
- Supervise administrative and financial staff
- Ensure company’s and project’s adherence to laws of GoU, including maintaining the Project Office’s legal status
- Ensure compliance of the Project’s travel processes and procedures with URC and USAID policies
- Master’s Degree in management, business, finance, public administration or related field relevant to the position requirements
- At least five (5) years of experience administrative and financial management of international donor activities; experience with U.S. Agency for International Development a plus
- Fluent Ukrainian, and proficient level of written and oral English
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.