- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Deputy Chief of Party/Health System Strengthening Team Leader
Location: Ukraine | Job Type: Proposal | Post Date: 04/18/2017
URC seeks a qualified candidate to lead health reform activities under the upcoming USAID-funded 5-year program in Ukraine. The goals of the program are: 1) Improve health sector governance through strengthening the MOH leadership and stewardship function; 2) Implement the new health care financing model that drives efficiency, competition and choice; 3) Strengthen the health workforce; 4) Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system; 5) Strengthen health sector transformation support through strategically planned, effective and targeted information and communications; 6) Improve service delivery system at all levels. This role is contingent upon contract award.
Working under the supervision of the Chief of Party, Heath System Strengthening Team Leader (HSSTL) will be responsible for the leading project activities related to: strengthening the health workforce; enhancing transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system; and strengthening health sector transformation support through strategically planned, effective and targeted information and communications. HSSTL will ensure that Project meets its planned results.
- Master’s degree in public health, health care administration/management, or related field
- Ten (10) years of progressive experience working on in health system strengthening with a focus on health workforce development, organizational capacity building
- Seven (7) years of working in international donor-funded projects, USAID preferred
- Knowledge of Ukrainian health system, including regulatory environment, health sector development plans, e-Health and HMIS, and a good understanding of key social, economic, and political factors that may affect implementation of the project and achievement of the project’s results
- Knowledge of Ukrainian medical licensure systems/processes
- Proven experience in leading and managing technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships with Ukrainian senior health officials, medical community, civil society
- Excellent written and oral communication, and presentation skills
- Fluent in oral and written English, Ukrainian and/Russian
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.