- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Deputy Chief of Party
Location: Manila, Philippines | Job Type: Full-timeProposal | Post Date: 12/22/2016
URC is seeking qualified candidates to lead TB activities under the upcoming USAID funded 5-year project in Philippines. The project will support the government of the Philippines at the national and regional levels to expand and scale up prevention, detection, and treatment of tuberculosis and multi-drug resistant TB.
The Deputy Chief of Party will play a strategic technical role on the USAID-funded TB Project in the Philippines. The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will assist the Chief of Party (COP) in technical leadership and management of the project; oversee and provide technical expertise in project planning and implementation; and handle administrative and supervisory responsibilities as specified by the COP.
- Play a lead role, in close coordination with the Chief of Party (COP), in work plan design and coordination with partners. Respond to USAID feedback, under direction of the COP, as needed.
- Supervise team leaders and project site level implementation of all project activities. This will require local travel.
- Coordinate the inputs and activities of local and international partners.
- Review scopes of work and monitor progress from technical perspective.
- Work closely with the COP to write project reports for USAID on project activities and ensure quality and timely delivery of all project deliverables.
- Anticipate challenges in project implementation, identify solutions, lead the team in problem-solving.
- Work closely with the M&E Lead to ensure that project activities are being reported on in a timely and accurate way.
- Coordinate the M&E inputs from field offices as needed.
- Travel as needed to represent the project and to provide management and technical oversight.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Policy and management or other relevant discipline. Advanced postgraduate training in tuberculosis control would be an asset.
- A strong record of leading projects of similar size and complexity in the Philippines.
- At least 10 years of experience of planning and implementing public health programs, preferably in the Philippines.
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships with senior government officials, the business community, civil society, and international donors; excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent English and Tagalog language written and oral communications skills.
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.