- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Chief of Party
Location: Ukraine | Job Type: Proposal | Post Date: 04/18/2017
URC seeks a qualified candidate to lead health reform activities under the upcoming USAID-funded 5-year program in Ukraine. The goals of the program are: 1) Improve health sector governance through strengthening the MOH leadership and stewardship function; 2) Implement the new health care financing model that drives efficiency, competition and choice; 3) Strengthen the health workforce; 4) Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system; 5) Strengthen health sector transformation support through strategically planned, effective and targeted information and communications; 6) Improve service delivery system at all levels. This role is contingent upon contract award.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management and operations of the Project and report directly to the designated USAID AOR. S/he will supervise project implementation and ensure the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP will take a leadership role in coordination among USAID and key stakeholders and other implementing partners. The COP position requires strong political and diplomatic judgment, as s/he will interact with numerous Government of Ukraine institutions and senior national and local government officials.
- Master’s degree in public health, health administration, business administration with focus on health, or other discipline relevant to health sector development and governance
- Fifteen (15) years of experience planning and leading capacity building, health sector development and health system strengthening programs
- Strong record of leading USAID or other donor-funded multimillion projects
- Experience in Ukraine, or countries of Central & Eastern Europe is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships with senior national and local government officials, business community, civil society, and international donors
- Proven capacity in building and effectively supervising diverse teams of employees, and managing subawards
- Knowledge of European health systems is a plus
- Excellent English language written and oral communications skills; Ukrainian and/or Russian language skills a plus
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.