- Our Story
- Our Methods
- Quality Improvement
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Global Health Security
- Health Communication and Behavior Change
- Research and Evaluation
- Food and Nutrition
- HIV and AIDS
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health
- Noncommunicable Diseases
- Reproductive Health and Family Planning
- Vulnerable Children and Families
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Our Projects
- Our Resources
- Join Our Team
Call for Experts for Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity (MSNA)
Location: Various | Job Type: Proposal | Post Date: 05/18/2017
URC is seeking qualified candidates for the anticipated USAID Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity (MSNA). MSNA will provide technical support for country-led scale-up of effective, integrated, sustainable nutrition– specific and nutrition-sensitive policies, programs/interventions, and systems. The expected duration of the project is five years. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning
- Technical Director
- Director of Global Partnerships, Policy and Advocacy
- Deputy Director, Global Initiatives
TECHNICAL AND OPERATIONS EXPERTS
- Nutrition Advisor
- Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor
- Collaborate, Learn, Adapt Advisor
- KM Advisor
- M&E Advisor
- Policy Advisor
- Advocacy Advisor
- Operations Manager
- Senior Grants Manager
- Social Behavior Change Advisor
- Private Sector Capacity Building Advisor
- Nutrition Systems Strengthening Advisor
- Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health Advisor
- Agriculture and Food Security Advisor
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Advisor
- Research Scientist
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. Please note: these positions are contingent upon securing award.
- At least eight years of donor-funded experience in international development activities related to the desired position. Preference for USAID-funded nutrition, health, behavior change, and/or Feed the Future programming. Integrated nutrition program experience is highly desirable.
- At least 5-10 years of experience with country-level programming that includes at least one of the following: nutrition, food security, health, agriculture, HIV/infectious disease programs
- At least 5-10 years of professional experience working in low- or middle- income countries implementing development programs
- Experience managing teams of multi-disciplinary technical specialists
- Extensive experience developing, managing, tracking and reporting on activities in multiple countries and technical areas, and their associated budgets
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in and manage a team consisting of people with different technical backgrounds and with people with varying levels of technical training
- Demonstrated managerial, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to facilitate relationships and interact smoothly and effectively with clients and colleagues
- Superior presentation skills, both written and oral. Samples of writing will be required
- Facility with computing environments.
- English fluency is essential and French, Portuguese or Spanish ability preferred
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Maternal/Newborn/Child Health, Behavioral Sciences, Social Sciences, or field relevant to the desired position required
- Depending on the role, ability to travel up to 10-30% of the time
Please note: this position is contingent upon securing award.
Click on the blue APPLY button. A new browser/tab for our career application system will open. Either login using an existing account or create a new one to complete your application. Thank you very much for your interest.
About University Research Company (URC):
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States. URC is an E-Verify employer and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission.